Tuesday 9 June 2009

Choosing my brief

Music is a huge interest of mine as is animation. In our AS media coursework I took the role of creating the animated title sequence, this is due to my previous experience and success in the digital art field. When making this opening I had to create continuity and flowing through the extract by making the audio run parallel to what's on screen, running fast paced editing with fast music and slow paced editing with slow music. This was achieved very successfully in our groups final piece and was a key point to creating its atmosphere.


After reading through the possible briefs and analyzing my skill-set I have narrowed down my choices to the music video task and the short film/animation. I made this decision due to my skill-sets of what I'm interested in. I think that the skills I have learnt through my AS media project will help me in this project for example; creating a link in the extract between the pace of editing and pace of music. I feel strongly to create a music video because I'm in contact with a local band that would be willing to not only let me use their song but have agreed to appear in it. But then I also feel I would struggle alot less if I made a short animation which I feel is my strongest attribute. 


Final Decision

After careful deliberation I have chosen to do a slight cross-over and create an animated music video. This way I can do something that both interests me and that fits my strongest attributes.
I will research into the codes and conventions and the genre of music videos and in particular animated music videos. I intend to choose my song before I start researching so I can find songs of a similar pace/genre and analyze their music videos. After and during this research I will develop my initial ideas and decide what sort of narrative I wish to create. Because I have chosen the music video brief I also have to smaller objectives to do. These will be :
  • a cover for its release on DVD
  • a magazine advertisement for the DVD
I think I will be able to cope with these fine as well because I am confident with Adobe Photoshop which will probably be the software I use to create these smaller briefs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment